Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Automatic High Beams?!

I just discovered that I have friggin' automatic high/low beam headlights. Must be part of the autopilot upgrade.

We were driving to the grocery store last night, when I noticed something different. While using high beams on a back country road, there was a little "A" inside the blue symbol on the dash. Around that time, a car came over a hill, and my headlights went to low, along with a corresponding change of the icon to a gray color.

It turns out, the automatic high/low beams also work when there's a car in front of you, traveling in the same direction as you... not just oncoming cars.

I think the car is using the neural net capabilities of the front-facing camera to work this magic. Nice little surprise you got me with there, Tesla!

No comments:

Post a Comment