Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Unsolicited Tire Rotation & Service

The Tesla Model S has one big appeal: very little maintenance. The largest back-of-your-mind-worry you have to deal with is tires, in my opinion ~ changing them when the tread gets low and rotating them every 5,000 miles.

Anyway, after having just passed the 5,000 mile mark, I began to begrudge my first anticipated maintenance item. So I emailed my local Tesla service concierge, mentally preparing myself to have to deal with schedules, loners, costs, etc.

I was shocked to learn that they would simply come out and rotate my tires in the parking lot of my workplace. For free. FREE. And on-site.

During this service, I also just happened to get my tires aired up to spec (recently got cold here) - another annoying maintenance item, and a top-off of my washer fluid.

What sort of wizardry is this, Tesla??

I didn't hardly have to lift a finger. This car is really turning out to be worth every penny.

Let me just add one more thing about this...
The technician told me that Tesla had addressed the aggressive rear alignment that had caused so many previous owners to complain about uneven tire wear, and that my tread had evenly worn down only 1/32nd of an inch after 5,000 miles (and that's even with spirited driving), on all tires, inside / middle / outside tread. That was a BIG worry off my chest with this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment