Friday, July 24, 2015

Stopped in New Mexico

I continue to be impressed by Tesla and my DS in Cincinnati. I had emailed him an unrelated question yesterday, to which he replied along with an explanation of his attempt to also get an updated location (for the 2nd time that day), but he wasn't getting a signal from the car due to "less than stellar" cellular reception. No worries, man... could it be because it's literally in the middle of nowhere in the AZ/NM desert? :)

Anyway, he sent me an update today (I didn't even have to ask), and she's in New Mexico, just south of Albuquerque. Looks like it's a small rail yard; and I'm guessing it's being switched to another train or another track for the final stretch to Chicago. It'll be interesting to see whether it'll shoot up toward Colorado and then Eastward, or whether it'll be a more straight-shot to Chicago through the Texas panhandle.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not hopeful it will be in my hands by the end of next week. What is it... like 3 days by rail to Chicago, at most, from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment